Fr Daley was born in Yeovil on September 18th 1911. Later he attended Prior Park College in Bath and the Salesian College in Chertsey, Surrey.
In 1928 he was admitted to the Fransalian Congregation - the Missionaries of St Francis de Sales - in London for religious studies and in 1931 he attended Oscott College in Birmingham for clerical studies.
On June 16th 1935 he was ordained a priest at the Church of the Holy Ghost in Yeovil by the Bishop of Clifton, the Right Reverend William Lee. His first appointment was as curate in the Holy Ghost Parish.
In 1940 he applied to join the Royal Army Chaplains Department and was appointed as Senior Chaplain to the Southern Command in Salisbury, Wiltshire. He later served in the Far East where he was mentioned in despatches twice and awarded the Burma Star.
On his return to England he was appointed curate at Devizes, a position he held until being appointed Parish Priest in the autumn of 1946.
In 1956 he moved to Tavistock to be Parish Priest there. He later retired to Devizes and then moved to St Angela’s Convent Care Home in Bristol.
He returned to Devizes in 1985 and 1995 to celebrate his Golden and Diamond Jubilees with members of the parish and his two sisters.
He died at St Angela’s on April 23rd 2003 and is buried in the Parish Cemetery.